Baja California Sur or BCS is the State that runs from the middle of the peninsula that is Baja California to Cabo San Lucas, and the State is home to some of the greatest natural wonders of North America.
BCS is 73,909 square kilometers in size, with El Estado de Baja California bordering BCS to the north and the Pacific Ocean bordering BCS to the west and southwest when to the south BCS is fronted by the junction of the Pacific and the Golfo de California and that inland sea faces all of BCS's east and southeast.
BCS' capitol and largest city is La Paz and La Paz is the one city in all México that has been a State Capitol the least as it only began as one as far back as 1974 but by only a few minutes for Quintana Roo was made a State on the same date as BCS which was the 8th of October of 1974 with that States Capitol being Puerto Chetumal. La Paz lies in a huge Bay, and it is the main Port of the whole State, as well as it being the Industrial and Economic Center of the State.
The city of La Paz was developed with a grid setting,and a beautiful Plaza is in the center which features the Cathedral of dual Bell Towers and a Neo Roman designed facade and the elegant and Gothic influenced Ayuntamiento which like the Cathedral is of stone brick. A beautiful Kiosko and Park is in the center of the Plaza of which Palm Trees are abound in the Plaza as well as elegant steel Park Benches, and nearby one sees the modern building of the Legislature and Government of BCS.
The Plaza and the Cathedral
The City Hall and Palacio de Gobierno
The main building of the University is what was the original Palacio de Gobierno of BCS, with the building being of pre Art Deco architecture as the building was constructed in the time from 1910 to 1920. A Clock is above what was the Governor's Balcony, and it overlooks the whole Plaza as was the tradition of all Zocalos or Plazas in México to be in front of a Cathedral or Parish Church and the Palacio Municipal as well as the main Marketplace in certain Towns or the biggest Hotel.
The old Palacio de Gobierno